(Last updated 26/05/21)
Xsortal Ltd is known as the Data Controller of the personal information you provide to us, and we are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office under registration number Z1159285.
The following explains what kind of personal information is collected on our websites:
Personal Information you provide
We collect personal information you provide when you complete our online forms on the Xsortal websites. This includes but is not limited to personal information provided when you register to receive email notifications or to access specific content, purchase content/services, submit an enquiry or request further services via our websites.
We may also collect personal information you provide when you correspond with us by email, phone or otherwise. This includes when you contact us with an enquiry, complaint, request support or report a problem with our websites.
The personal information you provide may include, but is not limited to:
- display name
- location details
- email address
- telephone/mobile numbers
- identification numbers
- details about you in any correspondence with us
- business details
Personal Information collected automatically
When you visit our websites we automatically collect information about your computer or other access device and your visit to our website using our analytical tracking system and information sent via your web browser.
The personal information collected automatically includes standard internet log information, and includes but is not limited to:
- Your browser settings and IP address (a number that is assigned to your computer or other access devices automatically when you use the Internet) which is logged by our servers when you visit a particular web page on the Xsortal websites.
- Your browsing history and website navigation paths including access times and web page visited which is logged when you visit the Xsortal websites. We do not follow your browsing path outside of the Xsortal websites.
Personal Information received from other sources
We may receive personal information about you from third parties we work with, such as our payment processor and third party service providers. In addition, if you created or signed into any Xsortal account through a third party service, such as Google or Twitter, we will obtain certain information from those third party accounts, in accordance with the authorisation procedures determined by such services.
The personal information we receive may include but is not limited to:
- display name
- location details
- address details
- email address
- telephone/mobile numbers
- identification details
- business details
The personal information collected is processed and used for our legitimate interests to enable the proper efficient operation and improvement of our website and business, including:
- To identify you
- To process and manage your registration, account, orders, purchases, requests and enquiries including to provide access to our services, send you requested information and to contact you with other service information
- To comply with a request from you in connection with your rights
- To ensure the security of our website and services
- To maintain backups of our databases
- To undertake website personalisation
- To protect our rights or property and that of our users
- Determine services that maybe of interest to you
- To carry out systems administration
- To analyse the use of our website and services
- To resolve technical user queries
The personal information collected is also processed and used to enable us to fulfil a contract between you and Xsortal, including:
- To process orders and supply purchased services
- To send you information regarding your order
Your personal information may also be processed and used, in order to comply with our legal obligations, including:
- To keep proper records of transactions
- To send you communication required by law
- To share data with law enforcement agencies
We may also process and use your personal information for marketing purposes but we will normally request your consent in advance, including:
- To notify you of new Xsortal services
- To inform you of special offers or promotions
Cookies do not normally contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to information stored in and obtained from cookies.
You can access, correct any inaccuracies and update any personal information that we hold about you or change your marketing preferences in the My Account section of the website or by contacting us.
We will normally request your consent in advance if we intend to use your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide an opportunity for you to opt-out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes. You can prevent such processing by not ticking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your personal information or at any time by contacting us.
You may also request a copy of the personal information we hold about you in writing at any time, however, we will need to verify your identity.
If you wished to be removed from the Xsortal database, want to object to us processing your personal information or no longer wish to receive other information emails from Xsortal, please write to us using the contact details below or our Contact Us form.
To find out more about your rights please read the guidance from the Information Commissioner’s Office https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/.
Third Party Service Providers
We may share your personal information with our third party service providers and other associated organisations. For example:
- We may share your service request details with selected third party suppliers of services to enable them to contact you to offer and/or provide the services you requested.
- We may share your enquiry details with third party service providers that act on our behalf to deliver a service or respond to your enquiry.
- We may share your personal information with other third party service providers and sub-contractors who handle and process information on our behalf, such as our payment service providers.
We will only disclose the information that is necessary to fulfil the purpose. We will not share your personal information with others for marketing purposes without your consent.
Your personal information may also be disclosed or shared with our professional advisers for the purpose of obtaining professional advice.
Law Enforcement Agencies
Other Third Parties Organisations
In the event of a sale of some or all of our business and assets, we may also transfer your personal information to a third party as part of the sale.
Where we use plug-ins or other services from other third party organisations, such as YouTube or Twitter. Personal information these other organisations collect is governed by their own privacy policies.
For more information on how these third parties use personal information, please read their privacy policies.
Your personal information is stored on servers located in the United Kingdom (UK). However, from time to time and for operational reasons the personal information we collect from you may be transferred, stored or processed at a destination outside of the UK by Xsortal or our service providers. The laws in some countries may not provide as much protection for your information as in the UK. By submitting your personal information, you acknowledge and agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is kept securely and receives adequate levels of protection in the jurisdictions it is transferred to.
If you use our services while you are outside the UK, your information may be transferred outside the UK in order to provide you with those services.
Your personal information will be retained, only for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose for which the information was collected, or as required by law, after which it will be deleted from our systems or anonymised.
Typically, your personal information will be kept:
- For the duration you remain an account member and a minimum of 7 years from the date you close your account.
- Until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive notifications, updates and marketing that you subscribed to. Please note that we need to keep some basic information to note that you have unsubscribed.
- For 2 years from end of your enquiry or complaint.
If your account becomes inactive and you are not a subscriber, we may close your account and delete all information related to your account that we do not need to retain. We will normally notify you in advance if we intend to close your account and give you the opportunity to retain your account.
Xsortal takes all reasonable measures to protect your personal information whilst it is in our care.
We have commercial standards of technology and operational security measures in place to protect from the loss, unauthorised access, disclosure, misuse and alteration of the personal information under our control.
We use computer safeguards, including but not limited to, firewalls, two factor authentication and data encryption as well as physical access controls to our buildings and files. Where we use passwords or passphrases to enable you to access certain area of our websites, you are responsible for keeping this password or passphrases confidential and we ask that you do not disclose or share your password or passphrases with anyone.
The Xsortal websites are not designed for or targeted at children aged 18 or under. We do not intentionally collect or use any information from children.
This website contains links to other websites run by other organisations. Xsortal is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other websites. Please refer to the privacy policies of the respective site.
If you want to make a complaint about the way we have processed your personal information, you can write to us using the contact details below.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are not processing your personal information in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), https://ico.org.uk.
Email us at:
Or write to us at:
17 Back Bridge Street